Thursday, June 27, 2013

Bored at work...

Today is Thursday, which means that the doc I work for is in Brigham City seeing patients and I'm here in Logan covering phones. And as the phones hardly seem to ring on Thurs mornings, it means I'm generally left with a shortage of things to do. Therefore, I decided to utilize this time to update my friends on my life! Isn't that just the best idea ever?! :-)

First, work. I'm actually really enjoying working at Alpine, despite my slow Thursday mornings. I've been trained to work with two different physicians and next week I start training on the billing side. I'm a Jack of all trades! Hey, it's job security. Most of the people I work with are great. Really friendly and welcoming. There are a couple people who are a little standoffish, but maybe they're just shy. Or stressed. Or whatever. I don't let it bother me, you get those in every office. I'm LOVING having Fridays off! It's like I get two Saturdays! I never want to go back to a 5 day work week.

The apartment is growing on me. It's still seriously small, but I'm finding ways to work with it, and I'm sure I'll continue to find more. I still hate having to beg ask people to use their washing machine, but it's ok. I need to figure out something for Tori's room though. I think I might get a small bookshelf for her room. Right now all her books (you know, the ones she never reads) are in the bottom dresser drawer. But if I could clear that space I could put the toys that find themselves scattered around the periphery of her room in there. But that's what KSL is for! I'm still dealing with the "old house" smell and freaking nasty ancient carpet. I'm planning on carpet cleaning probably next week on the 4th. Then we can go camping and let it dry all weekend. I have been seeing spiders around too. Which shouldn't be a surprise, we had about a million ladybug eggs laid right outside our front door. Tori was super excited about it because she learned about ladybugs and their life cycles in school. She immediately became the "mommy" and now has little grubs and ladybugs everywhere. It's a full on feast for the spiders. I'm about to go kamikaze on those bitches. I need to go to Home Depot and see if they have anything for spiders that's safe to use indoors. In the meantime, I've got a gun fly swatter. I'll get em.

Tori's still managing ok. It's hard for her to be missing all her friends, but she's actually doing better than I'd expected. She's all about the running away right now which is driving me crazy, but we'll get through it. My parents are coming out today, which I think will really help. Once she makes some friends close by we'll be golden!

I'm going to finish with some pictures. I know I still haven't posted that vlog of our apartment I promised, but as soon as I get the carpets cleaned and stuff I'll do it. I swear! :-) Until next time, loves!














2 comments:

Leah said...

I need to come up and see you! And I love Tori's hair!!

coco_angel said...

I would LOVE to see you! Please come visit! I'm so sad, I don't think I'll be able to come down to the reunion. I just can't afford the gas. Money sucks. :(